To My Dear Friends & Family,
I hope & pray everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so happy this year to be here with my family enjoying the Holidays. We spent Thanksgiving with my family & Rodney's family (the Benfield’s) it was so much fun to be able to visit with everyone that we don't get to see very often. Mom is so wonderful she never asks me to bring anything; she says I have enough to get ready as it is. Then on Friday we had Thanksgiving with John's family. To start the day off, I had one of my terrible headaches that "of course" would not go away, but at least I didn't have anything to do in the kitchen because my wonderful Husband did EVERYTHING. Then when everyone got here my wonderful Sister-in-laws took over helping with the food & Mom-in-law mopped my floor everyone was helping so much. Thank You!! All the kids did pretty well considering that we had 12 kids under 7 running around. Then my sister-in-laws were sweet enough to help me clean & do laundry the next day too. We had such a good time visiting, even though they didn't get a lot of sleep. A year ago I did not know if I would get to experience the Holiday season again. I get so emotional when I hear the song "Christmas Shoes", because I can see that without God's help that could have been me. I am so thankful to The Lord for allowing me another year to be with my family & to watch my children grow. I will be forever grateful to Him so much more for each & every year He gives me from now on.
I want to start off by saying how thankful I am to my wonderful Husband for taking care of the kids & me "through sickness & in health" & how he was willing to quit work to take care of me. I know how hard it must have been of him to give that part up or for any man for that matter, but that is the way God intended it to be for them to" bring home the bacon" so to speak. I really felt like The Lord would provide & make a way for us & He really did. He is such an awesome God & I thank Him so much every day for bringing us together, I don't know what I would do without either of them.
I want to thank my Mom, Dad & Jessica for all of their help and support; we could not have done it without them. They have helped us more then I can ever put into words & even though each year that we go through a tough time Mom & Dad always find a way to make it special for us & the kids. I know it was a very hard year last Christmas, it was the first Holiday season without Grandpa (Christmas was his favorite time of year) & then me just being done with Chemo. It was a very difficult time for me because I was really looking forward to that Christmas with Grandpa, he would have been so happy to know that the cancer was gone & I was a little upset that I couldn't share that with him. My Mom & Dad tried so hard to make it as wonderful as it was & I will always be Grateful to them for that. I love them so much! I am looking forward to this Christmas because I have so much more to be thankful for & will have each year God allows me to be here.
I wanted to say a special thank you to my wonderful sister & BFF. She quit school for a time to be with me in my time of need. She has always been there for me when I needed a "girl" to talk to (no offence John). She has been my BFF as long as I can remember & is the best Sister in the world I would do anything for her. I Love you dearly!!
Continue to keep my family & me in your prayers. I have my 1 year check up on the 15th Isaac's B-Day; I would appreciate your prayers. I guess it will always be a little hard for me each time an appointment comes around. It was so easy at first to give everything to The Lord. He had taken away all the stress & worry of everything, but now it’s getting a little harder to hand it over into His Mighty Hands. The Doctor says that once I have made it to the 2 year mark it is more likely the cancer will not come back, maybe then I will be more at ease.
Thank you all so much
I love each & every one of you so much,
Priscilla
Sunday, December 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment